Making a "traditional" leatherbound fantasy tome!
❤️Thanks to our Patrons: https://www.patreon.com/nerdforge
📕 Check out our bookbinding course! https://www.nerdforge.academy/ ✨
Mecha Bonnie Merch: http://nerdforge.store
ALL THE SEPARATE TOMES:
🔥 Tome of Fire: https://youtu.be/kvs3mBQ8hak
🌪️Tome of Air: https://youtu.be/Ok3kb9QJfBQ
🍃Tome of Earth: https://youtu.be/CZ3N_da4_Kg
💧 Tome of Water: https://youtu.be/iilzq55hj-Q
📜 MASHUP VIDEO: https://youtu.be/aT9xXb4f0MA
Today we're finally continuing the saga by creating the Tome of Earth, the third book in the Elemental series! In this bookbinding video we create an epic spellbook wrapped in green stained leather using traditional techniques. Check out our other bookbinding videos for more in-depth explanations of the steps such as sewing the signatures and sewing headbands, or our detailed step-by-step course called "Quest Log" available to Patrons and Members from the Apprentice tier and up.
All links below marked with * at the front are affiliation links that helps us out and supports the channel. Thanks!
- 1 mm vegetable tanned goat leather: https://www.sloyd-detaljer.no/sortiment/laersloyd/skinn-laer/geiteskinn-4466
- 48 sheets A3 sized sketchbook paper (110 gsm)
- Coffee and baking soda for staining the paper + PH strips
- 2 sheets A3 black paper as end sheets (140 gsm)
- Waxed thread: * https://bit.ly/2O9ZFJb
- Hemp / jute cord for stitching: * https://bit.ly/2x4iYw2
- Silver corner decorations: * https://bit.ly/2O6itsD
- Similar corner protectors: http://bit.ly/2J7xrgm or https://bit.ly/cornermetal
- Leather cord for headbands
- Embroidery thread for headbands
- Brass buckles: https://bit.ly/2E90hc8
- Satin ribbon bookmark
- Thin, strong cloth for covering the spine
- Leather stain, "extra black"
- Fiebings leather dye in "Green"
- Greaseproof parchment paper
- 3 mm wooden fiberboard covers
- Faux gold leaf
- Basic leather crafting kit: * https://bit.ly/2x2SpXY
- Leather stitching kit: * https://bit.ly/2N7T1Xq
- Awl: * https://bit.ly/2O7o2qH
- Swivel knife: * https://bit.ly/swiv-knife
- Leather hole punch: https://bit.ly/2N46uPN
- Leather cap rivet set: https://bit.ly/2x2faMt
- Bone folder: https://bit.ly/2N49yLW
- Book press (or a stack of heavy books)
- Burnishing tool
- Stitching jig (or a suitable chair, square frame, etc.)
- Bookbinding glue: https://panduro.com/nb-no/products/lim-lakk-tape/lim/papirlim/panokitt-lim-bookbinding-250ml-514019
- Contact glue
- Thick needle
- Scissors & x-acto knife
- Wax for leather
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/thenerdforge/
Discord - https://discord.io/nerdforge
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Nerdforge/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/TheNerdforge
Website - https://www.thenerdforge.com/
BUSINESS CONTACT: [email protected]
How to Make Junk Journal out of an Old Book!! (Part 1) Step by Step DIY Tutorial for Beginners! - Here at the paper Outpost together using a repurpos...
I'm making a potion from leftover epoxy trash! Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/nerdforge Watch the first episode of this epoxy - to - potion series ...
Today we make a Harry Potter inspired shelf insert! AD: Head to https://squarespace.com/nerdforge to save 10% off your first purchase of a website or ...
Go to https://buyraycon.com/bobbyduke for 15% off your order! Brought to you by Raycon. Seriously, they're my favorite earbuds. To enter for a cha...
4 Elements and 4 Tomes, 1.5 years since the beginning. 📕 Check out our bookbinding course! https://www.nerdforge.academy/ ✨ ALL THE SEPARATE TOMES: ...
AD: Head to https://www.squarespace.com/nerdforge to save 10% off your first purchase of a website or domain using NERDFORGE. 👕 NEW MERCH! http://ner...